July brings respite from the blazing heat of summers with its heavy rain showers that cast a spell of magic everywhere. It is the best time to set out on an exciting trip and be engulfed in the hypnotizing beauty of nature.
Here are some of the best places in India that you can visit in July:
- Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh: Dalhousie guarantees lush greenery of the valleys, relaxed ambience and a cool climate, making it the perfect getaway. There are countless options to trek through its breathtaking landscapes or indulge in other adventure sports activities like river rafting and paragliding.
- Shillong, Meghalaya: Shillong is also known as the ‘Scotland of the East’ and is host to foggy hills, scintillating lakes, and roaring waterfalls. Adventures and scenic beauty are found in every nook and corner of this beautiful destination.
- Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir: Breathe in the vivacity of this immensely mesmerizing destination and get lost in its endless beauty. Rugged hills, crystal clear lakes, enchanting Buddhist monasteries, Ladakh promises an unforgettable trip.
- Coorg, Karnataka: Coorg is the prettiest during the monsoons when nature is at its best. It is blessed with endless miles of tea plantations, lush green valleys, national park, and the mystical mountains.
- Alleppey, Kerala: Kerala is home to palm-fringed beaches, pristine backwaters, grandiose temples, and dense green forests. It is aptly called ‘God’s Own Country’. Explore the mirrored lagoons on a houseboat for an experience of a lifetime.
- Panaji, Goa: Goa livens up in the monsoon season and sees a lot of tourists. It is filled with serene beaches and elegant churches. The flea markets of Goa, the delectable Goan cuisine and the wide array of water sports activities add more zing to a Goa trip.
- Valley of Flowers, Uttarakhand: Valley of Flowers, listed in the UNESCO World Heritage Site, becomes more vibrant and colorful in the season of monsoon. The variety of exotic species of flowers like blue corydalis, saxifrage, etc. is in full bloom adding more charm to the valley.
- Darjeeling, West Bengal: The city is called as the ‘Queen of Hills’ and lures a lot of tourists, especially during the monsoons, when the weather is very pleasant. Darjeeling is full of abundant natural beauty and majestic hills that are worth paying a visit to.
- Spiti Valley, Himachal Pradesh: Surrounded by the ubiquitous mountains and glaciers, the Spiti Valley offers some jaw-dropping landscapes and picturesque views. The tourists can explore the spiritual monasteries and the small quaint villages here and also be a part of the Buddhist cultural heritage from close quarters.
- Udaipur, Rajasthan: The ‘City of Lakes’ is one of the most romantic destinations to plan a trip, especially in the monsoons. It is home to beautiful palaces, art galleries, museums, and shimmering lakes. A boat ride on the beautiful Lake Pichola ensures panoramic views and a tranquil experience.
So, pick your destination, pack your bags and go explore. Happy Holidaying!
CurrencyKart.com is an online marketplace which aims to bridge the gap between Money changers and travelers; enabling the RBI approved dealers and international travelers to come together to Buy/Sell foreign exchange and related products.