For any Industry or business, each has its own trade tricks and secrets. The travel industry is no exception, and for a business which strives on commission and cut throat competition, you can bet there are lot of trade secrets.
Drawing your travel plans and booking your tickets and holiday stay through a travel agent always seems like a feasible option as it spares you the horror of figuring out everything on your own. You trust your agent to get you a get deal and a wonderful holiday, but don’t get fooled by those gleaming eyes, and never fading smile, because there are few things which even your travel agent won’t tell you.
Here are a few things which you should be aware of before booking your next holiday with a travel agent, because that agent of yours is surely not going to tell you that stuff.
- We charge you extra, every time, each time: You have an urgent situation to address to, and you need to be on the next plane available, chances are your travel agent will tell you the flight is almost full, and it’s a mad rush out there, just to lure you to pay extra. Travel agents strive on your misery, never show too much of urgency.
- We make huge commission: Unlike what you think, or what they make you believe, your travel agent is making huge profits by getting commissions. A travel agent usually make commission ranging between 10 to 18 percent, add to that the commission they get from hotels, airlines and others. So while they keep whining about not making any money, be rest assured they are doing pretty good.
- We will push you to take up that Travel Insurance: Ever wondered why your agent keeps pushing you to take up that travel insurance? Well, let me solve the Pandora’s Box for you here then. A travel Insurance apart from fooling you, gets your agent a commission to the tune of 40 percent. Chances are that if you have a health Insurance in place, it’s likely to cover your holiday too. So that travel Insurance thing? Well, you really don’t need that.
- We give you the best deal, not really: Ever heard of the phrase testing the water, before making the dive? Well never mind, let’s cut the chase and get to the point here. It’s always wise to shop around and check what deals other agents are offering before you say yes to your regular agent. Chances are your regular agent would have been charging you extra all this while.
- We hate the Internet, we just cannot stand it: With the advent of Internet, and internet-based travel websites, competition has grown stiff, and commissions have taken a hit. Customers have become more aware; have got better options, deals, and packages. So before making your bookings, check the internet for flight and hotel deals. You would be surprise with the kind of offers you might get.
Currencykart is India’s online marketplace for currency exchange, Multi-currency travel card, Travel Insurance, and remittances (wire transfer).
Just login @www.currencykart.com or call @9599074001/2 to book your order.